Federal Ministry of Finance
Ahmadu Bello Way,
PMB 14, Garki Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 9 234 6290
Minister of Finance Folake Adeosun
Born on 9th March 1967. She graduated with Upper Second Class Honours in Applied Economics from the University of East London in 1989.She also holds a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Public Financial Management from the University of London and an associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.Her work experience has spanned over two decades including the London Borough of Southwark, Price Water House Coopers (UK), Chapel Hill Denham Group and the Ogun State Government.Adeosun, who is the immediate past Honourable Commissioner for Finance in her home State of Ogun has a global certification of expertise in Financial Management, Revenue Generation Strategy, Engagement with International investors and Capital Providers , among others.
The Federal Ministry of Finance was first established in 1958 to replace the Finance Department. The Ministry has responsibility for the management and control of Nigeria's public finance, with the specific functions of:
• Preparing annual estimates of revenue and expenditure for the Federal Government
• Formulating policies on fiscal and monetary matters
• Mobilizing domestic and external financial resources through both internal and external financial institutions, for development purposes
• Maintaining adequate foreign exchange reserves aimed at ensuring a healthy balance of payment position
• Maintaining the internal and external value and stability of the Nigerian currency; monitoring government revenue from oil and non-oil resources• Supervising the insurance industry
• Managing revenue allocation matters
To be the most prominent Ministry in Service Delivery.
To manage the nation’s finance in an open, transparent accountable and efficient manner that delivers on the country’s development priorities.
Fiscal Policy in Nigeria