Federation Ministry of Education,
Federal Secretariat,PHASE III,
To become an economy model, delivering sound education for public good.
To use education as a tool for fostering development of all Nigerian citizens to their full potential in the promotion of a strong, democratic, egalitarian, prosperous, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.
Formulate and coordinate a national policy on education Collect and collate data for purposes of Educational Planning and Financing.
Prescribe and maintain uniform standards of education throughout the country.
Control and monitor the quality of education in the country.
Harmonize educational policies and procedures of all the States of the Federation through the instrumentality of the National Council on Education.
Effect cooperation in educational matters on an international scale.
Develop curricula and syllabuses at the national level.
Parastatals/Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Education
1. Education trust Fund (ETF)
2. Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board (JAMB)
3. National Board for Educational Measurement (NBEM)
4. National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
5. National Business and Technical Examiniation Board (NABTEB)
6. National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE)
7. National COmmission for Mass Literacy (NCME)
8. National Co,,ission for Nomadic Education
9. NAtional Examination Council (NECO)
10. National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NEIPA)
11. National Institute for Nigeria Languages (NINL)
12. National Library of Nigeria (NLN)
13. National Mathematical Centre (NMC)
14. Nigerian French Language Village (NFLV)
15. Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
16. Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC)
17. West African Examination Council (WAEC)
18. National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
19. National Primary Education Commission (NPEC)
20. National Teachers' Institute (NTI)
21. National Universities Commission (NUC)
22. Nigeria Arabic Language Village (NALV)
23. Nigeria Education Bank (NEB)
24. Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)